Sunday, September 29, 2013
Percy Jackson
I read The Lightening Thief by Rick Riodarn and thought it was a pretty good book. I liked how the perspective changed when other characters took turns narrarating the story. It made the other characters seem more realistic and relatable. One character in particular was interesting. Luke is really friendly in the beginning of the book. He helps Percy get adjusted to Camp Halfblood and Percy really likes Luke. When Percy goes on his quest to stop a traitor who stole Zeus's thunderbolt, Luke gives him a gift, a pair of flying shoes. Percy trusts Luke, after all...Luke was always nice to Percy when he didn't have to be. As time goes on, Percy starts to make little connections. All the pieces fall into place at the end when it is revealed that Luke is the traitor all along. I was really surprised and didn't see it coming at all. His character completely changed from the start to the end of the book, and it is a change that catches readers off guard. It is a good example of a dynamic character because during the novel he goes from aiding the protagonist to being the antagonist of the novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Currently I am reading a book where the narrator changes also. I really enjoy it.
ReplyDelete