This week I started reading the
book Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and
so far it has been okay. It starts off a little slow but it is starting to get
better. This book is about a girl named Grace who watches the wolves outside
her house, in particular one wolf that has beautiful green eyes. She calls him
her wolf, and is obsessed with him and his wolf pack. She always talks about
the wolves and they are always on her mind. A classmate of hers gets “killed”
by the wolves, but Grace goes into the woods and finds a wolf that has his same
eyes and looks just like him. “I can’t tell you how I knew it was him, but I never
doubted it.” (Stiefvater 60)
She begins to wonder if werewolves
could exist. I predict that her wolf
will turn into a human and that they will finally meet, however he won’t be
able to be a human very long and I predict that the conflict will come from him
not being able to be human. Since I know that there is a sequel, I think that
Grace will find a way to help her wolf stay in his human form, at least long
enough to write another novel. That, or Grace will become a werewolf. Either way,
I look forward to what will happen.
Sounds really good and suspenseful. I want to know why they have human eyes and if she could become a werewolf.
ReplyDelete-Nina