Saturday, October 19, 2013

Which is better: Book or Movie?

     



 Over the weekend I watched the movie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower starring Emma Watson(Sam), Logan Lerman (Charlie), and Ezra Miller (Patrick). I thought the movie was well written and the starring actors did an amazing job playing their characters. Personally, I liked Sam much better in the movie. Emma Watson did a great job playing her. You would think that it was done by a much more experienced director. The way he filmed the movie was very clever because he filmed it so that no matter what your highschool experience was like, this movie sums it up and gets it right. Like all movies, it has its imperfections, but they seem to fit into the movie, almost as if on purpose.
    
 The movie was adapted from the book and directed by the original author so the storyline was pretty consistent in terms of following the book. The book itself was pretty dark at times when Charlie is dealing with certain things, but the movie doesn't seem quite as dark as the book. In the movie, things between Charlie and Sam add an interesting twist and moves the story along nicely.
  
  In this case, I think I liked the movie better than the book. It was easier to follow and I liked the character portrayal better, although usually I prefer the book to the movie. What about you? Which do you prefer?

1 comment:

  1. I really think that the movie was better because you could see the book playing out before your eyes.

    ReplyDelete