The other night, my friend showed me this list on Amazon of
the 100 books you should read in your lifetime. I was busy with other things and
it slipped my mind. Today, my English teacher mentioned the list also, and
talked about how she’s only read about 30 of those books. Curious, I wanted to
see this list for myself, and see how many I’ve read.
As soon as I could, I found the link and began scrolling
through all 100 of these books. This isn't your typical Top 100 list. It
contains everything from Goodnight
Moon and Charlotte’s Webb
to Great Expectations by
Charles Dickens. I read pretty frequently so I was hoping to at least have read
10 of these books. To my surprise, I’ve actually read 25 of them! Well, actually
24, but we are reading Fahrenheit 451
in class, so it’ll be 25 soon. Not gonna lie, that made me feel pretty accomplished
for someone my age. I was pleased to see that books I’ve recently read and
enjoyed such as The Fault in Our Stars and The Book Thief were on
the list.
I set a goal for myself. I’m going to read at least two
books this trimester from that list. And no, Fahrenheit 451 doesn’t count towards that goal. I want to
read some things that are outside of my comfort zone, so I will probably do
that with some of the books on the list. My challenge to you is this: Go to this link and count how many you’ve read. Then, pick one or two books that sound
interesting and read them sometime this year. You never know what you’ll find in a book, so
might as well try it.
I was going to blog about Wonder today but clearly
that hasn’t happened. So I’ll give you a brief update on where I am with that.
Currently, I am a little more than ¾ of the way finished with it. I like it. I
like Auggie and how mature he is for someone his age. I like the writing style
and how you hear more than one perspective on what happens in the book. The author
does a good job of switching perspectives too. The book is split into parts and
some parts are narrarated by Auggie, his sister, his friends Jack and Summer, even his sister's boyfriend. My only
complaint (which isn’t that much of a complaint) is that I want to read a
section from Julian’s perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment